IP Australia Site
Patents Online Search Engine
Worldwide Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
Trade Marks - International Classification of Products and Services (old)
- Class 1 (Chemicals).
- Chemicals used in industry, science and photography, as well as in agriculture, horticulture and forestry; unprocessed artificial resins, unprocessed plastics; manures; fire extinguishing compositions; tempering and soldering preparations; chemical substances for preserving foodstuffs; tanning substances; adhesives used in industry.
- Class 2 (Paints).
- Paints, varnishes, lacquers; preservatives against rust and against deterioration of wood; colorants; mordants; raw natural resins; metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists.
- Class 3 (Cosmetics and cleaning preparations).
- Bleaching preparations and other substances for laundry use; cleaning, polishing, scouring and abrasive preparations; soaps; perfumery, essential oils, cosmetics, hair lotions; dentifrices.
- Class 4 (Lubricants and fuels).
- Industrial oils and greases; lubricants; dust absorbing, wetting and binding compositions; fuels (including motor spirit) and illuminants; candles, wicks.
- Class 5 (Pharmaceuticals).
- Pharmaceutical, veterinary and sanitary preparations; dietetic substances adapted for medical use, food for babies; plasters, materials for dressings; material for stopping teeth, dental wax; disinfectants; preparations for destroying vermin; fungicides, herbicides.
- Class 6 (Metal goods).
- Common metals and their alloys; metal building materials; transportable buildings of metal; materials of metal for railway tracks; non-electric cables and wires of common metal; ironmongery, small items of metal hardware; pipes and tubes of metal; safes; goods of common metal not included in other classes; ores.
- Class 7 (Machinery).
- Machines and machine tools; motors and engines (except for land vehicles); machine coupling and transmission components (except for land vehicles); agricultural implements; incubators for eggs.
- Class 8 (Hand tools).
- Hand tools and implements (hand operated); cutlery; side arms; razors.
- Class 9 (Electrical and scientific apparatus).
- Scientific, nautical, surveying, electric, photographic, cinematographer, optical, weighing, measuring, signaling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; automatic vending machines and mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment and computers; fire-extinguishing apparatus.
- Class 10 (Medical apparatus).
- Surgical, medical, dental and veterinary apparatus and instruments, artificial limbs, eyes and teeth; orthopedic articles; suture materials.
- Class 11 (Environmental control apparatus).
- Apparatus for lighting, heating, steam generating, cooking, refrigerating, drying, ventilating, water supply and sanitary purposes.
- Class 12 (Vehicles).
- Vehicles; apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water.
- Class 13 (Firearms).
- Firearms; ammunition and projectiles; explosives; fireworks.
- Class 14 (Jewelry).
- Precious metals and their alloys and goods in precious metals or coated therewith, not included in other classes; jewelry, precious stones; horological and chronometric instruments.
- Class 15 (Musical instruments).
- Musical instruments.
- Class 16 (Paper goods and printed matter).
- Paper, cardboard and goods made from these materials, not included in other classes; printed matter; book binding material; photographs; stationery; adhesives for stationery or household purposes; artists' materials; paint brushes; typewriters and office requisites (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus); plastic material for packaging (not included in other classes); playing cards; printers' type; printing blocks.
- Class 17 (Rubber goods).
- Rubber, gutta-percha, gum, asbestos, mica and goods made from these materials and not included in other classes; plastics in extruded form for use in manufacture; packing, stopping and insulating materials; flexible pipes, not of metal.
- Class 18 (Leather goods).
- Leather and imitations of leather, and goods made of these materials and not included in other classes; animal skins, hides; trunks and traveling bags; umbrellas, parasols and walking sticks; whips, harness and saddlery.
- Class 19 (Non-metallic building materials).
- Building materials (non-metallic); non-metallic rigid pipes for building; asphalt, pitch and bitumen; non-metallic transportable buildings; monuments, not of metal.
- Class 20 (Furniture and articles not otherwise classified).
- Furniture, mirrors, picture frames; goods (not included in other classes) of wood, cork, reed, cane, wicker, horn, bone, ivory, whalebone, shell, amber, mother-of-pearl, meerschaum and substitutes for all these materials, or of plastics.
- Class 21 (Housewares and glass).
- Household or kitchen utensils and containers (not of precious metal or coated therewith); combs and sponges; brushes (except paint brushes); brush-making materials; articles for cleaning purposes; steelwool; unworked or semi-worked glass (except glass used in building); glass-ware, porcelain and earthenware not included in other classes.
- Class 22 (Cordage and fibers).
- Ropes, string, nets, tents, awnings, tarpaulins, sails, sacks and bags (not included in other classes); padding and stuffing materials (except of rubber or plastics); raw fibrous textile materials.
- Class 23 (Yarns and threads).
- Yarns and threads, for textile use.
- Class 24 (Fabrics).
- Textiles and textile goods, not included in other classes; bed and table covers.
- Class 25 (Clothing).
- Clothing, footwear, headgear.
- Class 26 (Fancy goods).
- Lace and embroidery, ribbons and braid; buttons, hooks and eyes, pins and needles; artificial flowers.
- Class 27 (Floor coverings).
- Carpets, rugs, mats and matting, linoleum and other materials for covering existing floors; wall hangings (non-textile).
- Class 28 (Toys and sporting goods).
- Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees.
- Class 29 (Meats and processed foods).
- Meat, fish, poultry and game; meat extracts; preserved, dried and cooked fruits and vegetables; jellies, jams, fruit sauces; eggs, milk and milk products; edible oils and fats.
- Class 30 (Staple foods).
- Coffee, tea, cocoa, sugar, rice, tapioca, sago, artificial coffee; flour and preparations made from cereals, bread, pastry and confectionery, ices; honey, treacle; yeast, baking-powder, salt, mustard; vinegar, sauces (condiments); spices; ice.
- Class 31 (Natural agricultural products).
- Agricultural, horticultural and forestry products and grains not included in other classes; live animals; fresh fruits and vegetables; seeds, natural plants and flowers; foodstuffs for animals, malt.
- Class 32 (Light beverages).
- Beers; mineral and aerated waters and other non-alcoholic drinks; fruit drinks and fruit juices; syrups and other preparations for making beverages.
- Class 33 (Wines and spirits).
- Alcoholic beverages (except beers).
- Class 34 (Smokers' articles).
- Tobacco; smokers' articles; matches.
- Class 35 (Advertising and business services).
- Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions.
- Class 36 (Insurance and financial services).
- Insurance; financial affairs; monetary affairs; real estate affairs.
- Class 37 (Construction and repair services).
- Building construction; repair; installation services.
- Class 38 (Communication services).
- Class 39 (Transportation and storage services).
- Transport; packaging and storage of goods; travel arrangement.
- Class 40 (Material treatment services).
- Treatment of materials.
- Class 41 (Education and entertainment services).
- Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.
- Class 42 (Miscellaneous services).
- Providing of food and drink; temporary accommodation; medical, hygienic and beauty care; veterinary and agricultural services; legal services; scientific and industrial research; computer programming; services that cannot be placed in other classes.